Climate Change Adaptation Conference & Presentations
The highly successful inaugural NZCCC conference "Climate Change Adaptation - Managing the Unavoidable" was held at the Museum of New Zealand, Te Papa Tongarewa, Wellington, 20-21 May ‘09.
Attracting over 180 attendees from across New Zealand and Australia, this conference focussed on two key potential future climate change scenarios that New Zealand might experience under climate change dependant on global action to abate or otherwise carbon emissions.
Powerpoint slides for each conference presentation:
- Dr Chris Field: Climate change adaptation - an international perspective
- Dr Roger Jones: A risk management approach to climate change adaptation
- Dr Andy Reisinger: Climate change scenarios - global and local
- Dr Robyn Dynes: Land based primary industry (farming, agriculture, horticulture, forestry)
- Dr James Renwick: Energy and Industry (including mining / quarrying and manufacturing)
- Dr Matt McGlone: Conservation and natural systems (including biodiversity and biosecurity)
- Prof Philippa Howden-Chapman: Health
- Ms Paula Hunter: Local government (including transport and infrastructure)