About New Zealand Climate Change Centre
The New Zealand Climate Change Centre (NZCCC) was launched in 2008, in response to a perceived need for collaboration across providers of science-related climate research and services, and for mechanisms to facilitate interactions with end-users.
NZCCC activities to date have included:
- organising conferences, workshops & special events
- coordinating submissions on climate change matters
- coordinating nominations for climate change-related activities
- developing a website to provide information about climate change, NZCCC members, and their research projects
- producing a publication on climate change adaptation.
For a summary of NZCCC outputs and activities to date, including draft plans for the future, click here.
Vision & Purpose of the NZCCC
Location & People
- Secretariat location: NIWA, Wellington
- Director: Dr David Wratt, NIWA
- Project Coordinator: Richard Nottage, NIWA
Member Organisation Representatives
Each member organisation has nominated one representative to act as the contact point between it and the NZCCC. These representatives:
- are responsible for shaping the NZCCC's programme
- identify and coordinate relevant areas of input from their organisation to NZCCC activities, and
- uphold the Governance of the NZCCC.
NZCCC member organisation representatives (as of Deccember 2012):
|Dr Andy Reisinger||AgResearch|
|Keith Jones||Callaghan Innovation|
|Dr Virginia Hope||ESR|
|Dr James Crampton||GNS Science|
|Dr David Whitehead||Landcare Research|
|Prof Bruce Glavovic||Massey University|
|Dr David Wratt||NIWA|
|Prof David Frame||New Zealand Climate Change Research Institute (VUW)|
|Dr Derek Wilson||Plant & Food Research|
|Dr Tim Payn||Scion|
|Dr Adrian McDonald||University of Canterbury|